Terms & Conditions
1. These terms and conditions are the Lottery Rules. By entering the lottery, entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
2. This lottery is being promoted by and on behalf of St Gemma’s & Wheatfield’s Lottery.
3. For the purpose of the Gambling Act 2005, this lottery is defined as a ‘Society Lottery’.
4. This lottery is licensed by The Gambling Commission.
5. To enter the lottery, you must be a UK resident aged 16 (sixteen) or over.
6. All members must be registered by Name and Address. Nom-de-plumes will not be accepted.
7. There will be 55 guaranteed week prizes totaling £2,000 and a further £250 which forms part of the rollover. The rollover prize will increase if not won by increments of £250 every week to a total of £12000 where it becomes a guaranteed prize. The rollover is always the 2nd prize to be drawn at Sterling. Additional prizes and consolidation prizes may be paid from time to time at the discretion of the Society.
8. All tickets shall be priced at £1.00.
9. All lottery entry sales are final and no refunds shall be made at any time. All entrants acknowledge that their payment of £1 per ticket to enter the lottery does not guarantee that they will win any prize.
10. All numbers are issued by Sterling. A randomly selected five digit game number will be issued with the confirmation of entry. Each game number is unique. Any member may subsequently request an alternative game number if they wish at any time and this will again be randomly selected by Sterling. To win a prize, the member’s number must match exactly the winning number drawn that week.
11. The draw for the prizes will be made at Sterling’s premises to be held weekly. The draw will be made each Friday. This will be the date of the lottery (as defined in the 1976 Lotteries and Amusements Act) and details of the winners will be announced on a daily basis during the week following the draw. You do not need to be present at the draw to win the lottery.
12. If a cash prize is awarded, this will be made by cheque in the name of the entrant only.
13. The winners of the Lottery prizes will be notified by letter. A result sheet showing winning entries will be published each week and winning numbers can also be found at www.hospicelottery.co.uk or in the YEP half & half appeal every Monday. No responsibility can be accepted for any error, misprint or omission and the Official Winners list will be available for inspection at the St Gemma’s & Wheatfields Lottery (SG&WL) offices at the address below.
14. SG&WL reserves the right in exceptional and unforeseen circumstances to substitute any of the non cash prizes acquired for the lottery for a similar prize at its absolute discretion.
15. Full payment for each number must be received either in the form of cash or cleared funds before the number can be entered into the draw. Only numbers for which full payment has been received either in the form of cash or cleared funds is eligible to win the prize.
16. All entrants are solely responsible for providing SG&WL with their accurate and up-to-date contact details and the Society will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details that the entrant has provided. In the event that an entrant changes their contact detail, they will be solely responsible for advising the Society of the change.
17. Lottery membership can be cancelled at any time by notifying SG&WL in writing, by phone or via e-mail.
18. The Responsible Person reserves the right to refuse any person entry to the draw for any reason whatsoever.
19. In the event of a complaint, please follow our Hospice Lottery Complaints Procedure.
20. St Gemma’s and Sue Ryder Wheatfield’s Joint Lottery’s processing of your personal data is governed by the Data Protection Act 1998. It is used solely for the purpose of processing lottery chances, subsequent entry into the lottery draw, and informing winners that they have won a prize. Click here to view our data protection policy.
If you have any questions regarding our privacy statement, please contact:
Director of Income Generation
St Gemma’s Hospice,
329 Harrogate Road,
21. Any member has the right to access the information held about them. To obtain this information, please contact SG&WL in writing.
22. SG&WL will not sell, rent or grant access of any personal data to any third party without express prior permission.
23. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, please refer to the lottery’s complaints and disputes procedure.
24. SG&WL reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. If SG&WL does this, it will publish the amended rules prior to their implementation.
25. SG&WL reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these rules.
26. The Responsible Person promoting the lottery is Tracy Dick.
27. This lottery is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly. Click here to view the Hospice Lottery Social Responsibility in Gambling.
Information and advice on Gambling problems
Gamcare is the leading national provider of information, advice and practical help for people who have problems with gambling. Contact them for advice and assistance with gambling related problems
If you wish to restrict access to gambling or lottery products from your computer, the following software can be used to filter and/or block gambling websites:
28. An instruction to be self excluded, as defined in the Gambling Act 2005, from the SG&WL may be submitted in writing by completing the Hospice Lottery Self Exclusion Form, faxed or telephoned through to the Lottery Office. Members wishing to use this facility will not be able to re-join the Lottery for a minimum of 6 months from the date of exclusion.
29. A copy of these rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to SG&WL at the address shown below.
30. The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these Terms and Conditions and SG&WL and all entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
St Gemma’s and Wheatfields Lottery, Grove Road, Headingley, Leeds LS6 2AE
Registered Charity Numbers 1015941 and 1052076
31. We are required by our licence to inform customers about what happens to funds which we hold on account for you the event of insolvency, you can find out more information here: www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/consumers/protection_of_customer_funds.aspx
Members can in pay in advance and payment will be held until required to pay for lottery entry. We hold customer funds separate from company funds in a specific high interest bank account which we hold with our payment processors. These funds are not protected in the event of insolvency of St Gemma’s and Wheatfields Lottery. This meets the Gambling Commission’s requirements for the segregation of customer funds at the level: basic segregation.